Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mint Chocolate Coconut Body Scrub

Finished Product! 



I thought I would change the pace a little and write about something else today besides my juice fast. Mostly, because I'm so excited about it! I made Mint Chocolate Coconut Body Scrub. I love to make my own things from cleaning products to beauty products. I have been making a Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub for several months now and I really love it. However, I wanted to change things up for the winter months and came up with my own creation.





Ingredients 




Mint Chocolate Coconut Body Scrub
  • 3/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1 cup of coconut sugar
  • 1/8 cup carob powder
  • 10 drops peppermint essential oil 
Mix them all together in a bowl. 
Put in airtight container until use. 
 (Yields about 2 cups)



This scrub can be used to shave with or just to make you skin soft and fantastic! I'm going to make more and give it away as Christmas gifts this year. I used all natural and organic products, although it doesn't have to be. Part of the reason that I enjoy making my own things is because I can use natural products and reduce the amount of chemicals I put on my skin. You can substitute coconut sugar for regular table sugar but the raw sugar has bigger granules which I felt did a better job exfoliating. Carob powder could also be substituted for cocoa powder.

Hope you enjoy it!
~Gotta love Green Juice & Coconuts!!

1 comment: