Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Green Machine

Today, is day three! I have lost 10 lbs, already!! It's much easier now. The first day was pure torture for me. Yesterday was better because I was distracted most of the day. Today was easy peasy. I even went to the gas station today and the smell of the food made me sick! The same thing happened two days ago except I wanted to eat everything in sight, so this is definitely an improvement. The only problem I am having now is I'm not sure I am drinking enough juice. I feel full all the time time and it's really hard to get more juice down. Anyone have this problem? I have been reading a bunch of forums and juicing websites, but alas they are zero help.

Green Juice!
My brother told me I wasn't drinking enough greens. So, today I had a green juice. I definitely prefer the fruit juices because they are sweeter. I had greens with the fruit juices the first two days but the ratio favored fruit. Today, the ratio favored greens. It was all greens (kale and bok choy) plus an apple and jalapeno. Lesson learned, one jalapeno burns tastes buds; tomorrow less jalapeno.

My wheat berries finally started to sprout so I will plant them tomorrow! I am hopefully going to grow enough for 3 people. I have two friends that are going to start a juice fast this weekend and wanted to give them some wheatgrass. I believe they are only going to do it for 10 days but not 100% sure, either way I am excited to have fellow juicers to hang out with!

Girls night was really good. I made Apple Pie Juice for everyone and it was fantastic!!! It really tasted like Apple Pie! It's by far my favorite juice so far. The recipe is below.

Apple Pie Juice!
Apple Pie Juice Recipe

  • 5 Granny Smith Apples
  • 1 medium size cucumber (Original recipe called for zucchini but I didn't have any.)
  • 1 carrot
  • 1 tsp of cinnamon
  • 1 tsp of nutmeg
Makes about 24 oz of juice depending on vegetable size. 
Juice apples, cucumber, & carrot. Mix in spice! Enjoy!! Flipping Fantastic!

3 comments:

  1. It's awesome that you will hopefully get some support. That will help get you through the beginning process!! The apple pie juice looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of how you're doing so far, Tina! I may not actually start until Monday as I have a few events to attend this weekend. That will also give me plenty of time to get my ingredients.

    I would say that if you don't want to drink more juice, than don't. I believe our bodies are a lot smarter than we think and we should listen to them more often.

    I hope you have a great weekend and the juicing goes wonderfully! I'm exciting to join in!

    ReplyDelete