Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tropical Envy...Too Tired to be Envious!

Well, I have made it to day two! I am so tired. All I want to do is sleep. I can't imagine that I am detoxing yet, although it's possible. It's probably more likely that I haven't been getting my caffeine fix. I didn't realize how much caffeine I was ingesting daily until I stopped having any. I'm gonna go for a walk in a little bit and see if that helps boost my energy levels. I need to do something, I have a ton of work to do today and I all I want to do it sleep.

Ingredients for Tropical Envy
 Today, I made Tropical Envy juice. It was a recipe I found online. I really like it but I was a little nervous at first because I had never juiced a beet before. It was a semi-sweet juice, almost with a hint of potato or earthy flavor. The recipe included pineapple, cucumber, celery, carrots, parsley, a beet, and ginger. I also added a radish and a clove a garlic just for fun.

Another thing I have noticed while juicing is that it takes me like 2 hours to get through a juice. I bought another Camelbak bottle yesterday, because they are air tight and have a built in straw. I found a clear one so I can still take pictures for the blog and show everyone. Anyway, this will hopefully keep my juice from oxidizing. If anyone has any better ideas, I am open to them because I just can't seem to chug my juice. I know that fresher is best because as it oxidizes it loses nutrient value. Anyone who has juiced before have any bright ideas?

Tropical Envy: It was really purple!

I am attempting to sprout some wheat berries right now. I once heard them called wheat grass seeds. Haha! Hopefully, I will be able to grow my own wheat grass and use if for my juices. I am really excited for it!

Tonight might be challenging! It's girl's night at my house and I have to be strong. I told everyone I was juicing right now so they are going to eat before they come. Food is very social in our society, so I will try my best to not be tempted. We are having a Halloween theme night tonight and I found a recipe for Apple Pie Juice. I am going to make everyone some juice! I hope it turns out well!

Thanks for reading!! I really like updating my blog! It's fun I can't believe I didn't start one before but not sure what I would have talked about. 

3 comments:

  1. Thats awesome, let me know how the apple pie juice turns out. It seems yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep it up my dearest friend. I'm so proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I'm really sorry I brought the food... I guess I didn't pay attention to the "eat before coming" thing. Oops :/ You did good, though, Tina! And the apple pie juice was awesome!

    ReplyDelete