Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I Died....It's Been a While

Well,  I realize that this post is almost 2 weeks late but it's been a crazy 2 weeks. I went to visit family last week and have been trying to play catch up since then with work. My last day of my juice fast was Sunday November 18th. I lost a total of 40 lbs on the juice fast in 3 weeks. My BMI dropped 6 points, lost 10 inches total, and my pH increased slightly.

This week is my second week back into eating. I have eaten mostly whole foods. I have had several setbacks though. Being at home with family was quite a challenge for myself to eat health. It was easier than I thought but my brother was there who only eats raw vegan so that was beneficial. Now, that I am back home and able maintain a routine it's much easier to make healthy decisions.

My brother gave me a bunch of awesome recipes and advice while I was home. Right now my goal is still to do one green juice a day, a salad, and a smoothie. Typically for dinner I eat whatever, which I need to work on. Tonight I'm going to attempt some raw vegan squash soup, recipe courtesy of my brother. I have been working out more and I feel even better than I did while I was juicing and working out .I actually went for a run with my dad while I was home. It's getting too cold outside go for a run though, I'm going to have to change things up a little.

I can't really think of anything else exciting. My friend, Brooke, has been making a lot of raw vegan recipes. I'm way pumped to start making things with her. I am going to attempt keep writing here, with new recipes and fun stuff because I like to. So, I will let you now how my soup goes tonight! Also curious is anyone has ever done a heavy metal detox? Any good recipes for juice on a heavy metal detox? Something I am thinking about doing.

~Gotta Love Green Juice & Coconuts!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! A new blog post! That's great you got some recipes and tips from your brother. I am trying to drink at least a green juice each day, too. We can do it, Tina! :)

    I have never done a heavy metal detox, but am curious also about a detox, but for the liver...

    ReplyDelete